Don’t you just love walking into a dry and clean bathroom that has no foul smell?
Well, we all love that, but unfortunately, this is not the natural state of a bathroom. The natural environment, as we all know, is wet and warm.
In other words, the perfect domain for mold and mildew to grow in.
The primary job of a bathroom fan is to remove the build-up of moisture and humidity in the bathroom.
They are pretty important appliances for maintaining good hygiene at home.
Therefore, we have prepared this article so that you can recognize and find the best bathroom fan in the market right now.
- Our 12 Best Bathroom Fans Reviews in 2019
- 1. Ultra Quiet Ventilation Fan Bathroom Exhaust Fan
- 2. Panasonic WhisperCeiling Ceiling Mounted Fan
- 3. KAZE APPLIANCE 0.3-Sones Ultra Quiet 90-CFM SE90TL2 Bathroom Exhaust
- 4. Panasonic FV-15VQ5 WhisperCeilingCeing Mounted Bath Exhaust Fan
- 5. Broan SPK110 CFM 110 Sensonic Speaker Fan
- 6. Delta BreezSignature VFB25AEH Exhaust Bath Fan 130 CFM with Fixed Humidity Sensor
- 7. Delta 100 CFM BreezGreenBuilder GBR100 Exhaust Bath Fan
- 8. Delta Breez Slim 50 CFM SLM50 Exhaust Fan
- 9. Bathroom Exhaust Fan Broan 690
- 10. Broan 668 Ceiling and Wall Mount Fan
- 11. Delta Electronics SLM70 Breez Slim Ventilation Fans
- 12. Panasonic FV-0511VK2 WhisperGreen Multi-Flow Bathroom Fan
- Things to Check Before Buying
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our 12 Best Bathroom Fans Reviews in 2019
We have created a list of the most efficient machines in the market so that you don’t hit the wall when you look at the array of options.
Take a look to find out the one best suited for your needs.
1. Ultra Quiet Ventilation Fan Bathroom Exhaust Fan[azrev_img_box asin=”B0752VM4JG” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B0752VM4JG” size=”s” bg-color=”#dd3333″ text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]
Is your exhaust fan a hindrance to the peace and serenity of your house? If you want a better cleaning job done without having to deal with the noise, then take a look at this product.
This exhaust fan is quite the silent killer. It Kills moisture and thus removes the musty smell in the room. The air movement capacity is about 70 CFM. Which keeps things very quiet; to be precise, keeps it exactly at 0.3-sones. This negligible sonority will only be noticeable to you if you are inside the bathroom.
The white polymeric grille of the fan will enhance the decor of any wallpaper or paint you have in your bathroom. This device will reduce excess humidity and moisture by causing air to circulate faster.
All odors will be removed to leave the bathroom clean and smelling fresh. Power, efficiency, and elegance – all of this is packed into one device.
- The quietest exhaust fan in the market
- 6-inch exhaust outlet for powerful circulation
- Very easy to install
- Doesn’t come with a damper
2. Panasonic WhisperCeiling Ceiling Mounted Fan[azrev_img_box asin=”B003TJAGO4″ align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B003TJAGO4″ size=”s” bg-color=”#dd3333″ text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]
If you are tired of paying the price of having clean and dry bathrooms with the comfort of having quiet surroundings, then this WhisperCeiling Mounted Fan is definitely the answer to your worries. You can tell from the name that this fan works in silence.
The blower wheel inside this machine is double-tapered. As a result, it stays quiet regardless of how fast and hard it is working. The feature that makes these devices noiseless is the width of this blower wheel. Due to the big radius of air circulation, this blower wheel is capable of producing a heavy airflow at very low RPMs.
These machines don’t get overheated even if they run for hours. And in the off-chance that it does happen, the fuse inside the machine will cut off the electrical supply and prevent the motor from being busted.
- Silent, yet powerful
- Will serve you for many years
- Doesn’t overheat
- Has a built-in damper
- Vibrates a bit too much
- Difficult instructions make installation difficult
3. KAZE APPLIANCE 0.3-Sones Ultra Quiet 90-CFM SE90TL2 Bathroom Exhaust[azrev_img_box asin=”B00VGE18CS” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00VGE18CS” size=”s” bg-color=”#dd3333″ text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]
This 0.3-sone unit is described by users to be “nearly” noiseless. The unit has an airflow capacity of 90 cubic feet per minute, which is just enough to remove all the trapped vapors from the bathroom as well as to maintain that they never get back into the bathroom again.
The machine runs on an AC power supply of 13 watts. What makes this all the more convenient is that the LED lights and the exhaust fan can be wired separately as well as in combination. The color temperature of the lights is 2700k, which is a soft white light that is very pleasant and easy on the eyes.
This unit comes with two duct adapters; one of 4 inches and the other of 6 inches. Note that the machine is more noise with the 4-inch duct adapter than with the 6-inch adapter.
- Has LED lights
- The light and the fan can be connected and used individually
- The motor is very powerful
- The light cannot be replaced separately
4. Panasonic FV-15VQ5 WhisperCeilingCeing Mounted Bath Exhaust Fan[azrev_img_box asin=”B003U9TNG0″ align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B003U9TNG0″ size=”s” bg-color=”#dd3333″ text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]
This mounted exhaust fan has a condenser motor that can run for a long time. In fact, it has been recorded to continuously work for about 30, 000 hours at a stretch.
But if you have been looking into fans for some time, then you may already know that this continuous run record is not too unusual for high-quality exhaust fans.
However, this one ensures silent operation, while the other machines cannot offer that.
You won’t even get to hear this Panasonic exhaust fan when the shower is turned on. Its powerful motor makes sure that the air is efficiently pushed out of the room.
There is a fuse installed in the device for extra safety. Whenever the machine heats up a little too much, the fuse turns on and shuts down the machine until it has cooled down, thus keeps harm away.
- Displaces a lot of air with ease
- Has a timer switch
- Makes almost no sound
- Fuse installed inside
- Installation might be a little troublesome
5. Broan SPK110 CFM 110 Sensonic Speaker Fan[azrev_img_box asin=”B00SE71A50″ align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00SE71A50″ size=”s” bg-color=”#dd3333″ text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]
Are you tired of carrying your phone with you in the bathroom and risk its life against the dirty water on the floor? With this speaker fan in your bathroom, you can play music inside the bathroom without risking the life of your phone.
This entire unit is very easy to install as long as you have a 2 x 8 inches of mounting space on your ceiling. There is a unique spacer on this machine which makes it easier to hoist it up into place.
The 1.0-sone unit has a very powerful motor and an airflow capacity of 110 CFM. This speaker fan is ENERGY STAR qualified and is insulated so that it can stay safe from the flying droplets of water as you groove to the beats in the shower.
- Very quiet and powerful
- Has a high polymeric finish that saves it from water
- Has a galvanized steel framework
- Has additional features for easy installation
- Comes with only one round duct option
6. Delta BreezSignature VFB25AEH Exhaust Bath Fan 130 CFM with Fixed Humidity Sensor[azrev_img_box asin=”B003O0MNHG” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B003O0MNHG” size=”s” bg-color=”#dd3333″ text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]
One big contributor to climate change is the numerous electronic devices that we use for comfort at home. If you want to bring a change to that, then you are on the same page as Delta Breez.
They have designed this signature exhaust fan of their company with an automatic internal system that turns on/off just by detecting the change in the level of moisture in the air.
You can rest assured that this fan will keep electrical usage to the minimum while doing its job efficiently.
The device comes with a brushless motor, which is much more efficient than brushed motors. They work hard on very little electrical power, without heating up.
This may not come as a surprise to you, because you can probably tell by now that the motto of the company is efficiency without compromise.
- Very sturdy build
- A silent and powerful device
- LED lights help illuminate the room
- 130 CFM
- Tricky installation
7. Delta 100 CFM BreezGreenBuilder GBR100 Exhaust Bath Fan[azrev_img_box asin=”B00C2N9HD4″ align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00C2N9HD4″ size=”s” bg-color=”#dd3333″ text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]
This machine will keep steam from building up without you even knowing about it. At a noise level of 1.4 sones, this fan is so quiet that you’ll forget that it’s even there.
The fan has an indicator light behind the grille, which provides guidance to people in the dark. It also comes with an ENERGY STAR certification for being so efficient in terms of letting exhaust gases out into the open air.
The brushless motor of the device runs a DC electrical supply and makes it even more reliable.
In the case of device overheating, there is a fuse that will turn on automatically and shut down the device before any damage is caused to it.
Furthermore, we must mention that the fan is galvanized. This means you can place it over the shower or the bathtub without fearing corrosion by such direct exposure to moisture.
The closer to water this device is installed in, the better it will be its performance.
- Has a damper
- The fan has galvanization
- Comes with a fuse
- Very quiet
- Installation is difficult
8. Delta Breez Slim 50 CFM SLM50 Exhaust Fan[azrev_img_box asin=”B00C2N9CP2″ align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00C2N9CP2″ size=”s” bg-color=”#dd3333″ text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]
If you want a quiet machine, then take a look at this Breez Slim exhaust fan, which has an airflow capacity of 50 CFM. And despite this tremendous power, the fan has a noise level of only 1.0-sones, which is very low for a device that has so much power packed in it.
You will have to look at the light underneath the grill to see that the machine is running.
Other than this, the only other sign is that you’ll start to notice that none of your hot showers are fogging up the bathroom anymore.
The machine has a brush-less motor that runs on DC supply. This ensures extended reliability and makes the device function more efficiently.
Also, the machine has a galvanized steel construction that protects it against the moisture in the air.
- 50 CFM
- Galvanized exterior
- Brush-less, efficient motor
- No timer switches
9. Bathroom Exhaust Fan Broan 690[azrev_img_box asin=”B000NJT45A” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B000NJT45A” size=”s” bg-color=”#dd3333″ text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]
This is a multi-functioning kit that adorns a motor with a 60 CFM, and a noise level of 3.0 sones.
The machine has just gotten an update which has placed it in line with the best machines in the market.
Due to the powerful motor installed in it, this machine has a noise level that is 50% lower than it was before. It also has improved its air movement by about 20%.
There is no chance of humidity building up when this machine is turned on. The mirrors and glass windows won’t have dried moisture on them, and so, they won’t look so dirty all the time.
With the sleek white grille that is now used to protect the exhaust fan, this machine looks as good as a fancy piece of decor on the ceiling.
- 60 CFM
- 0 sones, very quiet
- Powerful overdraft
- Comes with extra hardware
- Some motors make a vibratory noise after the initial start-up
10. Broan 668 Ceiling and Wall Mount Fan[azrev_img_box asin=”B00004TTZZ” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00004TTZZ” size=”s” bg-color=”#dd3333″ text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]
This fan is very versatile, and it helps with a multitude of things, for example, humidity, cooking odor, cigarette smoke, and so on.
You can install these fans wherever you want – on the ceiling, in the joists, the wall studs and so on.
This machine will serve with efficiency as it displaces high volumes of air at 50 CFM, and that too, without making any noise.
It has a sone rating of 4.0, which keeps things extra quiet even when it is on heavy-duty.
TheBroan 668 doesn’t even need any tool for quick and easy installation. Installation is really easy due to the grille of torsion springs.
All the extra power comes from the lubricated motor and the uniquely designed blower wheel that sits in this machine.
These powerful parts ensure that the operation runs smoothly every time the machine is turned on.
- Easy installation
- 50 CFM, very good airflow
- Sone rating of 4.0 makes it very quiet
- Paintable polymer grille for customization
- Doesn’t come with mounting nuts
11. Delta Electronics SLM70 Breez Slim Ventilation Fans[azrev_img_box asin=”B00C2N9CS4″ align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00C2N9CS4″ size=”s” bg-color=”#dd3333″ text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]
With a standard duct of 3 inches, this machine can keep noise at the very low level of 2.0-sones. It has an indicator light under the grille, which ensures that the machine is running.
The machine is so quiet, that you will have to look at it to see if it’s running.
Another indicator of its superior performance is how clear and fresh-smelling the bathroom stays even 5 minutes after you’ve just finished showering.
This fan also has an ENERGY STAR qualification for being a cost-saving and effective device.
The brushless motor is very effective in making the motor work to its best potential even when it is under a lot of pressure.
Moreover, the galvanized steel framework of the device can resist corrosion and keep it looking fresh as new even after many years of usage.
- Has a long life
- Consumes very little power
- Strong performance
- Boasts a brush-less motor
- Does not have a timer switch
12. Panasonic FV-0511VK2 WhisperGreen Multi-Flow Bathroom Fan[azrev_img_box asin=”B07DSK6JD1″ align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B07DSK6JD1″ size=”s” bg-color=”#dd3333″ text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]
This item is the answer to all the problems of ventilation in your house. Starting from the bathroom to the basement, you can use this machine anywhere in your house and leave worry behind because the stuffiness will not be able to build up inside the walls when this machine has control over the air in the room.
There are multiple airflow capacity levels. To be precise, this machine can work at capacities of 50, 80, and 110 CFM. You get to select the airflow according to the size of the room.
It also has a Smart-flow Technology that ensures that the machine displaces air in the most effective manner.
This machine has a pretty unique plug and play module, which allows it to operate on three different sensor options.
These features are the Smart-Action motion sensor, the multi-speed module, and the condensation sensor.
To top all of that off, the machine has a grille design which enhances the appearance of any room it is placed in.
- Very versatile
- 3 different settings of air-flow capacity
- Has different sensor settings
- Great power in the motor
- You might need to install a kill switch
Things to Check Before Buying
There are many types of bathroom fans in the market, as you’ve seen above. Many come with exciting features, but there is also the basic set of traits that your bathroom fan must-have.
Don’t get carried away by the fancy features and miss out on the mandatory ones. We’ll tell you all you need to know about it right here.
The best bathroom Exhaust fans can let air in and out of the room efficiently so that the moisture doesn’t get stuck within the wet walls and create a stuffy smell in the room.
Now, the CFM rating tells you how much air the fan can displace every minute.
For a big room, choose fans with a big CFM rating. And for a smaller room, choose a fan with a smaller CFM rating. For example, 50 CFM is ideal for an average room, whereas 100 CFM is ideal for a large room.
Types of Bathroom Fans
Various types of fans in the market come at various prices. Before buying, you need to know how they differ so that you can properly decide which one you should be getting.
- Motion-Sensor Activation
The fan automatically turns on when someone steps into the bathroom.
- Overhead Lighting
Same as above but accompanied by light.
- Night Light
This light is very dim and will help navigation through the room.
- Humidity Sensor
The ventilation fan turns on automatically as the level of humidity rises above normal.
- Built-in Heaters
These carry a small infrared lamp, which warms up the room a little when the temperature outside is too low.
Most bathroom fans just keep making a lot of noise as the fans do their work. However, there are many noiseless fans available in the market too. Look at the sone rating of the device to know its noise level. The lower the sone rating, the quieter the fan.
Even though a noiseless device costs more than a regular noisy fan, we’d suggest you to get a noiseless one because they are usually a bit better in quality than the regular ones.
Since these fans basically are just air vending machines, you have to keep them in a place that allows maximum airflow. It is a good idea to place these fans around the shower because that is where most of the moisture is produced in a bathroom.
All fans in the market do not come with lighting. However, it is a pretty sweet addition to the unit because in most cases, the lights can operate on their own and save you the trouble of getting a separate bulb for the bathroom.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can these fans be mounted up on the wall?
A: This depends on how wide the wall is. Most units will fit into an opening of 2 x 4 inches. However, this will have no effect on the venting.
Q: What are the electrical requirements of a bathroom fan?
A: Each unit has a different set of requirements. If your fan comes with a heater, you need to connect it to a dedicated circuit. If, however, it’s just a simple bathroom fan, then you can hook it up to any light circuit.
Q: Is it okay to let the exhaust gases out through the attic?
A: No, this is not allowed according to the ASHRAE recommendations. Exhaust gases must only be let out to the outside air.
Q: Can I install the light/fan exhaust over the shower or the bathtub?
A: If your exhaust fan is certified by UL, then you can install it over spaces that will be directly exposed to water, given that you are installing it inside a GFCI protective branch unit.
Q: Which bathroom fan do I need?
A: This depends on the area of your bathroom. If your bathroom is 100 square feet, then buy an exhaust fan which can provide 1 CFM for each square foot, in order to maintain proper ventilation in the room.
The best bathroom fans will not only keep your bathroom odorless, but they will also save you the trouble of daily cleaning and scrubbing.
If you’ve read the full article, you are completely capable of going out and buying one of these useful fans for yourself. Good luck!